The same EPA which tells us how great CFLs are is now telling us how horrible the cleanup is when you break one.
Owners of places of public accommodation, may want to read this very carefully.
This is an excerpt from the EPA document: “If clothing or bedding materials come in direct contact with broken glass or mercury containing powder from inside the bulb that may stick to the fabric, the clothing or bedding should be thrown away. Do not wash such clothing or bedding because mercury fragments in the clothing may contaminate the machine and/or pollute sewage.”
What liability can you incur if your place, your patrons, or your food supply becomes contaminated?