Excerpt From Adrian, Michigan, Daily Telegram Letter to the Editor, June 9, 2010

This Letter to the Editor of the Adrian (MI) Daily Telegram was published on June 9, 2010:

As you read this, it not only thanks the Tecumseh Public Schools for their awareness of this issue, but it also cautions merchants about the risk of having a Hazardous Waste cleanup problem should a CFL be broken as well as the potential for further injury to folks who have had Acquired Brain Injury.

Dr. Havas’ research has established that the mercury contained in one CFL bulb can contaminate 190,000 litres (>50,000 U.S. gallons) of water beyond the level considered safe for drinking. Imagine what it would do to the food supply of a restaurant.  Should the restaurant be evacuated so that the patrons do not get a dose of this toxic material?

Also, since Acquired Brain Injury is associated with medical issues with CFLs, it would be reasonable to expect that returning heroes, with IED injuries, may well experience these problems, but have yet to associate the cause and effect.

The indiscriminate use of CFLs could pose a serious liability issue for merchants who choose to use CFLs, particularly since the alternative is available in the form of LED lights, which do not have the deleterious effects.

Letter to the Editor

This entry was posted in Background. Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to Excerpt From Adrian, Michigan, Daily Telegram Letter to the Editor, June 9, 2010

  1. Great information! I’ve been looking for something like this for a while now. Thanks!

  2. My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!

  3. WP Themes says:

    Genial post and this mail helped me a lot in my college assignment. Say thank you as your information.

  4. I couldn t agree more! well done!

    horoscopo diario

  5. I have just added this post to facebook

    nursing grants

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *